Friday, March 26, 2010

A Case for the Munchies

Seeing as it is Friday, and my brain is shot, this post will most definitely fall under the category “Some useless junk”. If you have important things to do, I suggest you stop reading right about now.

The other day after work, I stopped at the Taco Bell, and ordered one of my favorites: A “Crunch Wrap Supreme”. Now I don’t know if any readers have ever had the pleasure of experiencing this culinary masterpiece, so I will explain the recipe. They take their magical ground beef mixture, the tomato/onion mixture, lettuce, sour cream, and nacho cheese sauce, and they squeeze it in between two round crispy tortilla shells, covered in refried beans. As if that is not enough, they then wrap the whole thing in a soft tortilla shell, and grill it in a panini-type flat grill. Mmmmmm!

Every time I eat one of these “Joy Pockets” as I like to call them, I can’t help but think about a Taco Bell employee that was stuck working the overnight shift, got bored, smoked a huge bowl, proceeded to take every ingredient out of the little plastic buckets above his work station, and mix them together...he then took the little caulking guns and squirted the sour cream and nacho cheese…Voila…the Crunch Wrap Supreme was born. Every ingredient in the Taco Bell pantry all held together in a neat little envelope that you can eat with one hand and no mess! How else could such an unhealthy yet amazing snack have been created? A chef sure didn’t come up with it. It HAD to be someone with some serious munchies.

In California, they are discussing the possibility of legalizing marijuana. I don’t have strong feelings either way about the law. Have I used marijuana? Well, let me put it this way: If someone were to say that Ryan hasn’t not used marijuana, the statement would be not untrue. I do know that there are a lot of unhealthy things that are legal (Alcohol, Tobacco, Rush Limbaugh). I also know some really nice, intelligent people that partake in the substance from time to time. I personally have trouble accomplishing anything with just my normal brain, and I have no trouble relaxing so even if legalized, I’d probably leave it alone. So here is my only argument in favor of the law: Just think of the amazing snacks that would be created if the drug were made legal.

I told you to stop reading, so don’t blame me for the time you just wasted.

3 comments:

  1. nice article, but Ive always been far more creative in my food selection, preparation, culinary skills, and appetite in general at around 2:00 in the morning after about 12-16 beers, than I ever was stoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan..good reading. But I am an English teacher and can figure out the negatives. But you are an adult....and very comical.
    jts

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure keep me laughing!! and I really need that in my life!! THANKS

    ReplyDelete